Design a piece of Furniture or Concept that every office will need in the future
The competition is now closed and we are in the process of choosing the winner and runners-up, which will be announced very soon.
Accent Office Interiors, the office interior design specialists based in England, are proud to announce a design competition for entrants to submit their own creative designs for a piece of furniture that every office will need in the future.
Entrants will be budding designers, sketch artists, interior design enthusiasts, or anyone who has a creative eye and would like to show off their design ideas!
Alongside a fabulous prize (see below), the winning design will be featured on Accent’s site, fully credited so they can promote their winning design in their own portfolio should they wish. Runners-up will also be credited and have their designs showcased on the website.
Entry Requirements: What do you need to create?
Accent is at the forefront of creating stunning and functional interior solutions for businesses in England, and through this design competition, we hope to see your creative ideas on what is an essential piece of furniture that every office should have in the future.
This may be any piece of furniture or a design concept you think will be essential in the next decade. We aren’t looking for very futuristic designs, but simply realistic ones that may be the craze in the next decade for offices or potentially solve limitations that offices have at the moment.
Some examples of furniture or design concepts for offices may be:
- Sleeping pods to allow employees to power nap.
- A slide from one floor of the office to another for more efficient (and fun) movement.
- Green spaces within the office that will relax employees.
- Meditation and wellness area to promote employee wellbeing.
- Anything else you can think of. You have the freedom to be as creative as possible with your design, but we’d also want you to be realistic with these.
These are our suggestions – now we’d like to see what you can come up with. You have the complete freedom to think of a design concept or furniture idea of your choice.
- The winner of the design competition will receive a state of the art pen tablet from Wacom (RRP £179).
The Wacom Intuos M with Bluetooth is perfect for drawing, sketching and photo activities, with pressure-sensitivity, pen performance and productivity features that serious creatives would love.
- Perfect for sketching or retouching photos
- Resolution of 2540 lpi, with active surface of 216 x 135 mm (10 Inch)
- The ideal creative digital accompaniment, with Corel Painter Essentials 6, Clip Studio Paint Pro and Corel Aftershot 3 included you can push your creativity to the edges
- Equipped with Bluetooth 4.2 connectivity, compatible with Windows 7 (or higher) and OS X 10.11 (or higher)
- 4K pressure sensitivity for a super-natural feel
In short, this a fabulous prize for any designer!
2) The winning design (and the runners-up) will be showcased on Accent’s website for all to see. This will be an excellent reference for your own portfolio and displaying real project work to others.
Design Competition Submission Guidelines
Follow the simple steps below.
- Draw your detailed design by hand or digitally. Each submission must be the authentic original work of the participating entrant.
- Take a high-quality photo or the digital designs and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Design Competition’
- In your email, please include your name, where you are submitting from (this could be your school, college, university, or that you are simply a creative excited by this competition), and a short description outlining the concept behind the created design and why it was chosen.
- All designs must be submitted by the 21st January 2019. The announcement of the winners and runners-up will take place on 1st February.
- All designs will be judged by Accent’s panel of interior experts, who will choose one winner and the runners-up. Entries will be judged based on functionality, creativity, and innovation. The concept behind the design will also be considered.
- The winning and runner-up designs will then be showcased on Accent’s website and fully credited.
Thank you and happy designing! If you have any questions about the design competition, please send them to email@example.com and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.