Business Day: a day other than a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday in England, when banks in London are open for business.
Commencement Date: has the meaning given in clause 2.2.
Conditions: these terms and conditions as amended from time to time in accordance with clause 17.8.
Contract: the contract between the Supplier and the Customer for the supply of Goods and/or Services in accordance with these Conditions.
Control: shall be as defined in section 1124 of the Corporation Tax Act 2010, and the expression change of control shall be construed accordingly.
Customer: the person or firm who purchases the Goods and/or Services from the Supplier.
Deliverables: the deliverables set out in the Order produced by the Supplier for the Customer.
Delivery Location: unless otherwise agreed in writing (including by email), the Customer’s usual place of business.
Force Majeure Event: has the meaning given to it in clause 16.
Goods: the goods (or any part of them) set out in the Order.
Goods Specification: any specification for the Goods, including any relevant plans or drawings which are agreed in writing by the Customer and the Supplier.
Intellectual Property Rights: patents, utility models, rights to inventions, copyright and neighbouring and related rights, moral rights, trade marks and service marks, business names and domain names, rights in get-up and trade dress, goodwill and the right to sue for passing off or unfair competition, rights in designs, rights in computer software, database rights, rights to use, and protect the confidentiality of, confidential information (including know-how and trade secrets), and all other intellectual property rights, in each case whether registered or unregistered and including all applications and rights to apply for and be granted, renewals or extensions of, and rights to claim priority from, such rights and all similar or equivalent rights or forms of protection which subsist or will subsist now or in the future in any part of the world.
Order: the Customer’s order for the supply of Goods and/or Services, as set out in the Customer’s purchase order form, or the Customer’s written acceptance of the Supplier’s quotation, or overleaf, as the case may be.
Services: the services, including the Deliverables, supplied by the Supplier to the Customer as set out in the Service Specification.
Service Specification: the description or specification for the Services provided in writing (including by email) by the Supplier to the Customer.
Supplier: Accent Office Interiors Ltd. incorporated and registered in England and Wales with registered number 09708716 whose registered office is at Infinity House, 11 Commerce Way, Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire, United Kingdom, LU7 4RW.
Supplier Materials: has the meaning given in clause 8.1(i).
- A person includes a natural person, corporate or unincorporated body (whether or not having separate legal personality).
- A reference to a party includes its successors and permitted assigns.
- A reference to a statute or statutory provision is a reference to it as amended or re-enacted. A reference to a statute or statutory provision includes all subordinate legislation made under that statute or statutory provision.
- Any words following the terms including, include, in particular, for example or any similar expression shall be construed as illustrative and shall not limit the sense of the words, description, definition, phrase or term preceding those terms.
- A reference to writing or written includes fax but not email, (except where expressly provided).